October 11, 2012

Deployments with Infants


Savannah Wilkins The hardest part is her reaching for him through the computer screen then falling apart when she can't get to him.. I guess I really just have to remember that no matter what going on I have to keep it together for her because she feeds off of my emotions

Maggie Clark Pezzullo went through a contract with twin infants! WHOAH!!!!! lol during Katrina, while getting out the military and going on a cross country trip with the kids and two cats!!! hahaha talk about crazy, always remember it will not get don't unless YOU do it, and remember to talk to the kids, about the contractor, or soldier.

Amanda Mitchell I had my oldest daughter when he was deployed and raised her for 8 months of her life without him! The hardest part was staying strong for her.. There were times where i just missed him and wanted him to be here, but i knew i couldn't be upset because it would upset her also. My biggest fear was that she wouldn't go to him and would cry when he held her, but He talked to her almost everyday on the phone and we would Skype when he could. When he came home and she was daddy's little girl. Keep yourself busy and remind your child by showing him/her pictures of there daddy/mommy!

Stephanie Perez I had my son when my husband was deployed when he came home my son was 5 months I showed him pictures of daddy all the time and we Skyped as much as possible it helps

Allison Frain I am going through a 12 month deployment with a 1 year old baby and one due halfway through deployment. I would say talk about daddy ever day even if its hard tell stories of him my son loves to look at pictures of him while I tell him stories of him and daddy. I try very hard to keep them connected. And he has books that daddy recorded and read to him that really helps when we don't hear from him so he can still hear his voice. The biggest challenge so far has been change in routine. My husband did the bath routine with him as often as he was home and sang him to sleep and me doing it just isn't the same for him. Sometimes he screams for daddy

Jessica Molyneux Talk about daddy often and remind them that daddy loves them and misses them. I have a 1 year old am due in just over a month for our second. It is tough not to get frustrated extra because she is a toddler and I am stressed. It is hard to explain. Sometimes you just have to step back from the situation and go back. I am grateful for the support system I have. Taking one day at a time....

Kasey Fares My daughter was a day old when he left for our second deployment. She was 3 months early and still in the hosp in the NICU because her lungs weren't ready. We also had a 2 year old. It helped the time go by but you have to stay strong, for him and them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will not be published. If you have a differing opinion, there's a way to express it tactfully. If you can't do that, don't comment. Thank you :)