October 11, 2012

Coping With Deployment


Arlantz J'nae I start a list of things I want to do when he returns. Rather than thinking about what isn't here at the moment I think of what can be when he comes home.

Chelsye Alyssa Hoerth Same as arlantz! That's exactly what I do. If you sit and mope around and think of how sad you are he's gone...time will go so slow...but if you look forward to his homecoming and things you two will do together upon his return, you won't believe how fast time goes! I also look through a scrapbook we have and it makes me smile. Also do lots of stuff with his family!

Katrina Duff I take a moment and think of my blessings, starting with the small (that hot cup of coffee during Skype time) up to the big things (hubby is safe, kids are well, etc).

Melissa RiverinesSweetheart Allison I bought Ryan a camera for Christmas that he can take on his next deployment & every night, we're each gonna take a picture of the sky. No matter where they send him or where we make our "home", we're still under the same stars. Last deployment, we each wrote little letters to one another every day. Little things, that you're both doing, that you've planned ahead of time, will help you feel close.

Enrica McLaughlin I do all the above but I also watch one of our favorite comedy movies. And laugh about all the funny things we thought was hilarious. I also post some songs and funny stuff on his fb page. We laugh at our inside jokes. I love our inside jokes. If I'm out and see something or hear something that's part of our inside jokes I start laughing out loud and people probably think there's a crazy lady whose by herself and laughing. Lol. But I think of our smiles and laughs we share♥ I also look at letters he wrote me or the music video he made with our pictures. Just thinking of him puts a smile on my face :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will not be published. If you have a differing opinion, there's a way to express it tactfully. If you can't do that, don't comment. Thank you :)