August 23, 2012

Crock Pot Chicken & Stuffing

It's been hot here lately...I mean HOT. Only down to 75 at night, over 100 during the day. Absolutely sweltering, the kind of heat where it makes it difficult to breath and you're forced to rack up your electric bill by having the AC on night and day. Needless to say, those days don't necessarily make me want to cook anything whatsoever! So whoever invented the crock pot is a genius and an absolute life saver! I finally sat down to Pinterest and looked up some new crock pot recipes so that I could still cook for myself and my husband, but wouldn't make it 85 degrees in the house. A lot of the dishes we like are available in crock pot form, like this one! You can find the original recipe here (http://team-t-adventures.blogspot.ca/2010/01/easy-crockpot-chicken-stuffing.html), I had to make a change to it though because 3 hours into cooking, the stuffing was still dry like it had just come out of the box. Luckily I had the extra ingredients on hand, added them to the pot and it was fine by the time it was done cooking.


Crock pot Chicken & Stuffing

What you'll need:
4 chicken breast halves
Box of stuffing (your favorite flavor)
1/2 c. sour cream
1 can cream of chicken soup

**NOTE: I HAD TO DOUBLE THE SOUR CREAM AND CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP. IF YOUR STUFFING IS STILL DRY CLOSE TO THE END OF COOKING TIME, MIX UP ANOTHER 1/2 CUP OF SOUR CREAM AND 1 CAN OF CREAM OF CHICKEN SOUP AND POUR ON TOP**

Preparation:
Thaw chicken and place on bottom of crock pot. Pour stuffing over chicken. Pour sour cream/soup mix over stuffing and spread around so it covers the top. Cook on low for 4 hours, then serve and enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds good!! I am going to try this next week.

    ReplyDelete

Negative comments will not be published. If you have a differing opinion, there's a way to express it tactfully. If you can't do that, don't comment. Thank you :)