August 6, 2012

Bow Kindle Cover

My husband likes to deploy...a lot. When he joined the Marine Corps I had no idea that he actually wanted to "see the world" like the recruiting commercials tell you. When he got back from Iraq he told me that he enjoyed doing his job as a Marine, and part of that job was deploying. This is why even as a mechanic working on helicopters, he's managed to volunteer for and go on 3 deployments in the last 3 years. For someone who can be extremely dependent (me...lol), this was definitely a shock. But surprisingly, I have risen to the challenge and while he's off seeing the world, I'm at home taking care of business! I use deployments as a time to discover something new that I can do. This 3rd deployment was sewing and crafting, and I've learned to love sewing. It takes my mind off everything for a few hours, I'm completely focused on the project at hand and I love the feeling of a job well done. I'm definitely still a beginner, but I'll tackle any project if I think I can make it.

One of those projects is this adorable bow cover for my Kindle! My husband found the pattern for me on Pinterest and sent it to me (I had told him I'd started sewing while he was gone, so during deployment he would send me patterns he found to give me new things to try) and I loved it. I finally got up enough crafty creativeness to try it this afternoon and this was my result:


If you'd like to try it for yourself, you can find the pattern (for FREE) at this link: http://killthemwithcraftiness.blogspot.com.es/2012/06/tutorial-bow-kindle-case.html

1 comment:

  1. You did such a wonderful job! Thanks SO much for sharing this with me! I love your story and love your blog! I'll keep your deployed husband in my prayers (and you as well!) xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Negative comments will not be published. If you have a differing opinion, there's a way to express it tactfully. If you can't do that, don't comment. Thank you :)