February 11, 2013

Butter Dip Biscuits

There are some times when I am happy when the weekend ends and we can get back to our normal routine for the week. My husband goes to work, I stay home, clean, figure out what's for dinner, work on my website, design some things for my CafePress shop, maybe sew something new for my sewing shop. It seems like for the past week we've been on different pages. Normally, my husband and I mesh together very well. We can usually tell what the other is thinking, we're aware of each other's feelings, we're just almost always in sync. But the past week we just can't seem to be cohesive. It's a crappy feeling, we're not used to it and sometimes it's difficult to get back to normal. I'm going to blame it on the move, we've been here for about 3 weeks but there are still broken down boxes in the house (our complex only has trash compactors, so we have to break all the boxes down to a specific size...not something we're jumping to do) and I haven't set up my sewing room. I guess after being in California for so long, a huge move like this was bound to upset our routines for a while. I'm just hoping we get back into them soon, I don't like arguing with my husband.


Friday night we went out to dinner in an attempt to relax, it worked for a minute. But during dinner I was having a hankering to bake something and my mind kept going to these biscuits I'd seen on Pinterest. I love biscuits and honey and I wanted to try my hand at making my own biscuits, especially since this recipe is extremely easy. So after dinner we stopped at the grocery store and I got the two ingredients I was missing. After we got home I was so beat from the week that I didn't make the biscuits until the next morning for breakfast. I will note that following the recipe exactly didn't get me what I wanted, I thought they would be a lot more buttery tasting but they weren't. I'm noting here that next time I will use salted butter, leave out the salt called for, and see if there is a different outcome. They're still awesome, and it's a versatile recipe so you're free to experiment with other toppings (like garlic, bacon, cheese, etc!)


Butter Dip Biscuits
Click HERE for printable version

What you'll need:
1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter
2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
4 tsp. granulated sugar
4 tsp. baking powder
2 tsp. kosher salt
1 3/4 cup buttermilk

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 450.
2. Spray 8x8 baking dish with non-stick spray.
3. In a microwave safe bowl, melt butter.
4. In a medium bowl mix together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
5. Add buttermilk to flour mixture and stir until a loose dough forms (the dough will be sticky).
6. Press dough into baking dish, right on top of the butter. Some of the butter will probably run over the top of the dough, that's fine. In fact I suggest this happening so it'll get the whole biscuit with that wonderful buttery flavor!
7. With a sharp knife cut dough into 9 squares.
8. Bake for 20-25 minutes, rotating dish one time during baking. If some of the butter is getting brown on top, take a paper towel and dab it away.
9. Biscuits are done when golden brown on top and spring back when pressed down. Serve with butter, jelly, honey, whatever your heart desires!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will not be published. If you have a differing opinion, there's a way to express it tactfully. If you can't do that, don't comment. Thank you :)