October 11, 2012

Military to Civilian


Erin Curcio-Veers Well we will be making that transition in a few months when the hubby gets out and I have to say it's really weird looking for a home because we have lived on post for so long. I would imagine it would take getting used to just as it took getting used to living the military life

Jennifer Kinsey Josh struggled with money and finding a job. Save up as much as you can before you get out because you'd never realize how much you really do live week to week until your not getting a paycheck every other week.

Jordan Chagnon losing the benefits has been the hardest, I think. having to go to the drs scares the crap out of me now. we are covered under tricare standard until may and then it's nothing. josh has been out since November and luckily he has been able to find a job. he's actually a manager at his job..I think being in the military helped a lot with finding a job. I definitely miss the military lifestyle, but things change.

Louise Massey No job is ever going to be as exciting as the one he had in the army! PTSD rules the house now

Kelly Wojcik I did things backwards. I got married and lived a civilian life for many years. I loved some aspects but when the economy took a turn and then just kept turning, the civilian life, for me, was really difficult. I went through a divorce and met my future husband at my job. He struggled w a job and joined the MC. I have to say that there is no way we want to rejoin the civilian life any time soon. He will be reenlisting soon we hope and I hope that he makes it his career. I have a business that in the civilian life I just wouldn't have that opportunity and living without health insurance, money, food was really scary. And like Jennifer said you just don't realize how u live paycheck to paycheck until there's no money coming in...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will not be published. If you have a differing opinion, there's a way to express it tactfully. If you can't do that, don't comment. Thank you :)