February 25, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Dip

I did not want to get up this morning. My husband has to be up at 5am for work, I stay awake and make sure he gets out of bed on time so he's not late. Sometimes I go back to bed, sometimes I stay awake. I am usually forced to stay awake because when I fall back asleep, I ignore my 8am alarm and sleep in til 10. Not a great way to start off the day. This morning I ignored my alarm and my reward was getting a late start to my day. To be fair, we did do a lot this weekend. We were out both Friday and Saturday nights, we never do that. We're quiet people, we prefer staying home and playing Battlefield 3 to going out. But being at a new duty station, we want to make friends so Friday and Saturday nights we were sociable and stayed out way later than our normal bedtime. We drank, too. We hardly ever drink, but we drank this weekend. So, I'm just going to blame my being tired on the weekend. Seems like a legit excuse, right?

Saturday night we went over to a friend's to watch the UFC fights. Best fight of the night was Ronda Rousey and Liz Carmouche, Liz gave Ronda a run for her money but Rousey just dominated that arm bar. Team Rousey! I haven't made cupcakes for my husband's shop yet, I need to start showing these people that I can cook so after we went out to lunch for someone's birthday we went to the grocery store. I grabbed the ingredients for this dip, made it, and loved it. It's very simple to make, I used the Frank's Red Hot Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe but altered the cooking. Instead of baking it I made it on the stovetop, so I'll give you those directions.

What you'll need:
8oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup blue cheese or ranch salad dressing
1/2 cup Frank's Red Hot Buffalo sauce (add more if you want more spice)
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
Chicken tenderloins (I used about 15 I guess, use more or less depending on how much shredded chicken you want in it)

Preparation:
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil, then add chicken tenders and cook til no longer pink inside (about 15 minutes). Drain and shred. If you have a Kitchenaid mixer (or something similar) you can use the paddle to shred the chicken (click here for a how to).
2. Rinse pot out and put back on stove over medium heat. Put cream cheese in pot and stir until smooth.
3. Add salad dressing, Frank's Red Hot sauce, mozzarella and chicken. Mix well.
4. Keep on medium heat and stir until heated through.
5. Serve and enjoy!

**You can cut down the calories by using a reduced fat cream cheese and mozzarella**

No comments:

Post a Comment

Negative comments will not be published. If you have a differing opinion, there's a way to express it tactfully. If you can't do that, don't comment. Thank you :)